Monday, November 3, 2008

Stroboscopic Flash!!

I learned something new today. Which is stroboscopic flash. I think I spelled it right. So what this is, is actually setting your flash to fire multiple times before the shutter closes. And if you do this on a moving object with your camera stationary of course, you'll get multiple clones of the subject in your photo without any post processing. Pretty cool!! It looks something like this.


The thing is, not all external flashes have this option. Unfortunately for me, my SB-600 doesn't have this feature and neither does my pop-up flash. What a bummer. Luckily I didn't go straight to my flash manual but instead I asked Mr. Google for help and voila. Saved me a lot of trouble. But I'm kind of disappointed that I can't try this out tho. :(

Oh well. I'll get to try that when I get the chance to upgrade. :D For now. More photos for you!!

Some flowers at Warta!!! While waiting for my mum to finish her bakery ingredients shopping.

I tried to make it look like a painting. But ended up extremely red instead. hmmm

Yes a good thing to waste your time with and excercise your brain at the same time.

Oh man. I look extra good in this one. haha!!

A stray cat who now chills at my place.

3 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

hehe time to upgrade :P just wondering for lucisart, does it automatically smoothen ur face?

Amir Hamzah said...

well actually it does the exact opposite and brings out all the details even the ones you didn't know was there.

So usually I fix all the "ugly-ness" first and then lucis for effect :D

Nicholas Leong said...

@amir ahh ok thanks. Was about to try out lucis for some wedding photos.