Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maxis Monthly Resets



I think I'm starting to get it. Maxis had since upgraded the current RM138 broadband users cap to 6 gigs compared to the previous 3gig. And I'm seeing a really great boost in terms of connection speeds cuz I've been getting the advertised 3Mbps speeds when I'm not throttled and sometimes it goes even beyond that as I've posted recently.

I'm a heavy user, and I often cap my limit out by the middle of the month of which I would then be forced to surf on EDGE speeds which is around 128kbps tops I think. So, anyway, I capped out my limit for this month a coupla weeks ago and today I got my 3G speeds back. And I remembered that last month, it came back on the same date or somewhere in the 10 days before the end of the month.

I didn't really mark the date so I could be wrong, so I'm posting this up as a reference. I've reset my network usage statistics to see how much bandwidth I'll be using and if I go overboard (which I do believe that I will). annddd to see if my theory of Maxis resetting the monthly usage on the 20th of every month.

as an ending note. Maxis Broadband used to suck. But lately they've been providing really awesome service. I might just upgrade to the 12gig package later. That should be enough to sate my monthly internet usage :D Keep it awesome MEKSIS!! woohooo!!

No comments: